Texas High School Girls Coaches Association Vice President Colby Davis shares tips for managing the expectations and abilities of a young basketball team and all of its outside supporters.
Coach Davis shares her experience at and prior to joining The Colony High School Lady Cougars team on how young teams can comprise players of many skill levels. Each player brings their own strengths to the team, even if it’s being the loudest cheerleader on the bench at game time. The key to keeping players in synch with one another is to play to those strengths and help kids understand the importance of recognizing others’ successes.
What You’ll Learn:
- Seek out tough competition
- Be sure not to overwork a young athlete
- Let kids be role models for each other
- Help athletes acknowledge team members’ successes
- Practice and preach your ideal culture